The original part of Hunt’s Restaurant building was a Walk O Pep gas station in the 1920s, owned by W.F. Covington, the owner of Walk O Pep gas distributorship. W.E. Boyd ran the business from 1936 until 1941 when C.N. Hunt bought it and operated it as a service station. He sold alcoholic beverages and introduced dominoes and checkers as entertainment for his customers.
In 1981, it was enlarged again to double its size, in 1989; he renovated the building and built a fresh seafood and steak restaurant which is attached to the original building, connecting the oyster bar and lounge. In 30 years, Hunt’s place has grown to a full size restaurant and lounge, seating over 200 people.
They offer steak, seafood,chicken, salads, sandwiches, burgers , along with a large selection of appetizers and of course HUNT’S FAMOUS OYSTERS (on half shell).
All dinners are served with choice of homemade cheese rolls or hush puppies
and baked potato, cheese grits, broccoli, steamed potatoes or French
fries with salad bar.
So stop on in at Hunt’s Restaurant on Campbellton Hwy, Dothan,Al. for lunch or dinner.